[Coco] Coco3 Keyboard

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 10:13:55 EDT 2006

Quoting Chester A Patterson <vchester at setec-cr.com>:

> It's curious because the warranty seal was unbroken (I broke it) I
> compared and re-checked against my first CC3, which I bought new.
> Definitely a CC3 keyboard and foil. I made absolutely certain of the
> proper positioning and allignment of the foil. All the contacts are
> black, thanks for the heads up, I'll look more closely at that aspect.
> What's really got me is that all the letter keys work, just the
> non-letter keys don't work. It's not a major problem, what with the
> keyboard adapters available. It's just that I find this situation so
> utterly odd and wondered if anyone else had experienced it, and if
> perhaps anyone out there has a spare CC3 keyboard laying about. Thanks.

Have you tried the non-working keyboard on your original CC3 ? and the
keyboard from that machine on the new machine ? If the problem moves
then it's a problem with the keyboard, if it stays then a problem with
the computer :)

If the problem is with the computer, it may be worth checking the
connectors, and tracks on the board for breaks, possibly re-flowing
the solder round the keyboard connector.

Another possibility is that the PIA connected to the keyboard is
faulty, if it's socketed and you have a spare, it may be worth
swapping it.

Cheers.

Phill.