[Coco] Re: Coco3 Keyboard

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 13:57:44 EDT 2006

> it works fine. Except that only the letter keys work, none of the other
> keys work (F1, F2, Alt, Ctrl, shift, numbers, etc) I tried cleaning
> contacts. Nothing. I took apart the keyboard, cleaned it up, and uppon
> reassembly found that the contact foil doesn't line up correctly with
> the screw holes and key pins when the contacts sit correctly on the
> springs. About a 1/4" off. How the previous owner ever got any use out
> of this CC3 I have no idea. Perhaps only joystick use. A very peculiar
> occurance. Anyone else this happen to?

See if the arrow key diamond is on the membrane. It sounds like someone
replaced the membrane with one that was the wrong size. I tried that in a CoCo
2 once with a membrane frome a different type of CoCo 2 keyboard and had the
same problem. I thought all CoCo 3 keyboards were the same, but maybe they
used a CoCo 2 membrane?