[Coco] Coco3 Keyboard

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Tue Aug 15 13:41:10 EDT 2006

Hi. Recently I bought a fried CC3 on ebay. Removed the TV modulator and
it works fine. Except that only the letter keys work, none of the other
keys work (F1, F2, Alt, Ctrl, shift, numbers, etc) I tried cleaning
contacts. Nothing. I took apart the keyboard, cleaned it up, and uppon
reassembly found that the contact foil doesn't line up correctly with
the screw holes and key pins when the contacts sit correctly on the
springs. About a 1/4" off. How the previous owner ever got any use out
of this CC3 I have no idea. Perhaps only joystick use. A very peculiar
occurance. Anyone else this happen to?