[Color Computer] [coco] Learning MW C

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 14 13:23:39 EDT 2006

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at ...>
wrote:
> >Well... that depends on what you are doing, how fast the PC is and
> >what video mode you use.
> >I have integrated video on one of my machines and it has side port
> >video RAM so you don't see a performance hit unless you do heavy 3D.
>
> The problem is that the realtime kernel when running, cannot be
interrupted

Gene, sideport video RAM means there are no interrupts unless you
exceed what the sideport video RAM can hold.  Not only that but access
to that RAM is actually faster than any video card.
If there is no side port RAM you are correct but then again I said...
it depends.

Yahoo! Groups Links