[Color Computer] [coco] Learning MW C

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Sat Aug 12 04:24:26 EDT 2006

Charles Richmond wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2006, at 7:11 PM, George's Coco Address wrote:
>

>> For several years, I've been wanting to learn "C" .. the one that
>>comes
>>with OS-9.
>>
>> The hang up is peeks and pokes. I can't find a way to do this with
>>"C".
>>
>> Can anyone help with this?

One other thing to keep in mind. If the peeking and poking you want to
do is to a hardware address, then you probably will want to investigate
OS routines or system calls instead (like setstat and getstat). This is
not strictly necessary in 6809 OS-9 because the hardware addresses are
not protected (made inaccessible by MMU hardware).

kevin