[Coco] new high density controller

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Aug 10 09:55:32 EDT 2006

On Thursday 10 August 2006 09:22, Mike Pepe wrote:
>jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
>> *****************
>>
>> The integrator ( filter) circuit on the PUMP pin, which by the way is
>> an output, is there to filter the error pulses generated by the phase
>> detector of the VCO system. You need to only have one value for this
>> filter. The widest step in frequency would determine the cutoff
>> frequency of the integrator. In the case of SD to HD would be  the
>> frequency difference between 125Kb/Sec to 500Kb/Sec data stream.
>>

>> james
>
>Hi James,
>
>I trust your judgment, though the data sheet for the chip does specify
>two values. I was working on using a relay to switch them. (ugh)

Nah, use a cmos analog switch, a piece of a 4066, when turned on tight, is
less than 100 ohms (60ish IIRC) and pretty bylateral.  If you don't need
it for anything else, use all 6 of them in that chip in parallel.  Many
times more dependable than a mechanical contact.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: