[Coco] 512 Upgrade

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Tue Aug 8 16:26:55 EDT 2006

Rumor has it that Rick Ross may have mentioned these words:
>I cracked another 128k 3 and dropped it in without cutting c65 and c66
>same thing - blank green screen. I am guessing bad memory? Or the whole
>board

Ah, in an attempt to justify my ownership of a "Journeyman's Master of the
Obvious" card, have you tried:

1) double-checking that all the chips on the upgrade board are oriented
correctly?

2) checking for any bent/missing pins on the chips?

3) pulling (or at least 1/2 pulling) the chips & reseating them? This type
of error can easily be attributed to a bad connection on 15-year-old
sockets/pins...

4) Checking the interface pins/posts & make sure they're not corroded?

Hope this helps,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Bugs of a feather flock together."
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers |           Russell Nelson