[Coco] New Coco3 owner

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 10:39:33 EDT 2006

The FD-500 was not the earliest. If I am not mistaken, it is basically a repackaged 26-3129, which is the third generation of Coco FDC from Radio Shack/Tandy. It's drives were ss/dd.

  A good summary is here: http://users.digitalindigo.net/~techno/coco_floppy.html

  Brian

Mark McDougall <msmcdoug at iinet.net.au> wrote:
  Warren Hoslet wrote:

> The FD-500 does not require a 12V supply. It uses a WD1773 FDC which is
> 5 volt only. The original Radio Shack controller (Cat No 26-3022) is the
> only one which uses the WD1793 and thus requires 12V.

Oh OK, cool. There's some erroneous info floating about the net then.

So the FD-500 being the earliest, I'm guessing, means it does the least?
Single density, single sided 35/40 tracks???

Thanks!
Regards,