[Coco] DeskMate 3 & Multi-Vue

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Aug 5 05:02:45 EDT 2006

>From: Leon Howell <puritan_2076 at yahoo.com>
>Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:59:50 +0000 (UTC)
>
>How do I get DeskMate 3 to start from NitrOS-9 or Multi-Vue?

There are two ways.

1) (The way I do it) Build a boot disk with term_vdg and vdgint.  Run
   Deskmate from the vdg window.  This boot disk will also run all the
   vdg games.

2) Build a boot disk with vdgint and the vX vdg window descritpors.
   There's a file on RTSI with patches to run Deskmate from Multi-Vue.
   Essentially a more complex version of the first way, you choose a
   window descriptor to mark as a vdg window (Use one of the /vX
   descriptors, but this is an older patch set that predates NitrOS.)
   Then all the DM programs are patched to run on that window instead
   of /term.  Since the window path is still hardcoded, you can't run
   more than one copy of Deskmate at the same time. ;-)

BTW the Glenside Y2K patch set includes a patch for DMTIM so that
Deskmate will deal with the new millennium.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko