[Coco] Somehow I doubt this 'disk drive' will work with thecoco...

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Fri Aug 4 14:47:33 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Blake"
To: "CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts" <coco at maltedmedia.com>
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 7:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Coco] Somehow I doubt this 'disk drive' will work with
thecoco...

> When it was originally posted, the auction was for a turntable/record
> player. It had been up for a while when I noticed it, he must have
> realized his mistake...

HAH!

 If we had a way to make the record, a turntable could be used to get the
data from a record through the cassette port.

 Does anyone have a record cutter? Even a 78 rpm recording would work.

 Years ago, I actually had my hands on a 45RPM record cutter. It had two
platters. I think it was actually used as a dictating machine. I bet that
would make a unique setup on a coco for saving and retrieving data. I wonder
where a person would find a blank 45 record, if it's even possible.

George