[Coco] Citizen 3.5" 26 pin

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 01:10:24 EDT 2006

Give it a shot!

I used a low profile 26pin drive from an old NEC laptop in my portable CC3 (runs off 12v) with internal floppy drive (5v). If you compare the pinouts, you can just use the IDC connector from a PC parallel port adaptor (the one that goes from the motherboard to rear of the PC case).

Remove the 34 pin connector, remove a select range of wires from the middle of the ribbon cable (compare the pinouts) and crimp on the smaller connector with the correct pinout... ISTR only one wire is "out of sequence" with the normal 34 pin rig and has to cross over the ribbon. Might be misremembering this, but too tired to check now.

To crimp the IDC connectors, I use channel-lock pliers and popsicle sticks to prevent marring. Works great!

Peace,
Bob

www.geocities.com/theother_bob