[Coco] Citizen 3.5" 26 pin

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Tue Aug 1 21:05:05 EDT 2006

The following link has a very similar pinout for a 26-pin
floppy connector:

http://www.eio.com/public/floppdrv/0427.html

Compare it to the teac PDF mentioned in a previous post.
There may be some standardization in the 26-pin floppy
interface.

I have a number of very small laptop drives with this
interface.  I've also been thinking of trying to hook one
up to the CoCo.  I'll try it on a more expendable PC first.
But if it works, I could have a floppy drive that sits on
top of a CoCo floppy controller.  That would be very nice...

JCE

Roger Merchberger <zmerch-coco at 30below.com> wrote:  Rumor has it that Chester A Patterson may have mentioned these words:
>I've got a couple of CITIZEN OSDC-95A 3.5" FDDs, they must be 720k only,
>as I yanked them from a old Tandy 1400LT. But they've got 26 pin
>connectors. Does anyone make a 26 to 36 pin adapter? Or have pin
>assignments? Citizen's www goes back to 1989 but not before, and I
>didn't get anything off of google. Thanks.

I found this post from google:

http://zurich.ai.mit.edu/hypermail/thinkpad/2002-09/0569.html

It looks like a few thinkpads might've used 26-pin cables...

And this TEAC floppy drive used 26-pin cables - I wonder if they're the
same pinout:

http://www.teac.de/dspd/downloads/datasheets/dl_fd05hf8630.pdf

Dunno if this helps much, but I hope it does.

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | "Bugs of a feather flock together."
sysadmin, Iceberg Computers |           Russell Nelson