[Coco] Newest Nitros9 and B&B

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Tue Aug 1 23:00:23 EDT 2006

On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 21:09:14 -0500, John Donaldson
<johnadonaldson at sbcglobal.net> had a flock of green cheek conures
squawk out:

>Leonard,
>   First NitrOS9 will NOT boot from the Hard Drive. The NitrOS9 boot
>will reside on the /D0 floppy. After it boots from /D0, it turns control
>over to the hard drive and the system then runs from the hard.
> Drive. I made a 40T DSDD boot disk and that is what I boot with. You
>will need to include the hard
>Drive Discripters and the Hard Drive Manager in the boot file.  Once
>control is turned over to the hard
>Drive, /DD will be /H0.
>
>John Donaldson

With NitrOS9 doing a floppy boot with a hard drive attached.

A very simple description for when /dd = /d0
DOS to read track 34 on the floppy in drive 0.
Then loads OS9Boot from drive 0.
From /dd: loads grfdrv from CMDS, launches the shell in term, and then
the shell processes /dd/startup.
Working directory is at the root of the floppy.
/h0 isn't used.

A very simple description for when /dd = /h0
DOS to read track 34 on the floppy drive 0.
Then loads OS9Boot from drive 0.
The rest of the boot process is from the hard drive and the working
directory is the root of /h0.

Stephen