[Coco] Re: What's this?

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Tue Aug 29 11:41:14 EDT 2006

I bought CoCoMax hoping to use it to produce "the world of 68' micros". It was the version after the Tandy Hi-Res joystick came out. I don't recall what the difference between the CCMax and Tandy Hi-REs interfaces were, but it was minor. At first CCMax came with the interface, later versions (like I had) used the Tandy Hi-Res interface instead. Both did the same thing (increase screen resolution to max). Tandy may have copied the CCMax design. Since there were no patents on it, they could! I don't know for sure, but do recall it was easy to mod one to work like the other. CCMax probably switched once someone figured out how to patch the program to use the Tandy instead of proprietary interface. Chris Hawks sold a modified Tandy Hi-Res that could be switched to CCMax or Tandy functions, but that was mentioned already.

I never used CCMax for the magazine because quality, especially of output, just wasn't good enough. If I could have connected an inexpensive laser printer it may have been useable.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"