[Coco] followup on nitros9/disto errors

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Sat Aug 26 12:51:53 EDT 2006

Just to followup:

I've yet to get my new nitros9 boot disk with the disto SCII driver working.

When I edit the standard.bl file, the mb script won't run.

Output looks like this (verbatim):

* Step 3: Create the bootfile and boot track
sterisk (*) is the
* first character of the line
*
********************************
* Kernel/System Section
*
* These modules are mandatory
../MODULES/KERNEL/krnp2
*../MODULES/KERNEL/krnp3_perr
*../MODULES/KERNEL/krnp4_regdump
../MODULES/SYSMODS/iERROR #216
*
* Step 4: Populate the disk with essential files
copying shell to /d1/CMDS/shell
copying grfdrv to /d1/CMDS/grfdrv
*
* We're done

To quote NASA: "Obviously a major malfunction." It appears that the
standard.bl file is corrupted either by the editor on linux or the
toolshed utility that puts the file back on the disk. If I read the disk
back into an image and copy out the standard.bl (on the linux box) and
open it, the file appears normal. They compare identically. So, that's
not the issue.

What would cause the script to dump the contents of the file like that?
I like the "sterisk is the first character" thing, what's up with that?

help!

-Mike