[Coco] [Rainbow on Disc] scanned vs. camera attempt 2

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Apr 30 18:58:01 EDT 2006

On 04/30/2006 10:58 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
> It looks as if I'm going to have to find this package for my linux box.
> Where might I find a viewer for these .djvu files?

On my Ubuntu system, the program Firefox invokes to view them is "evince".

Michael, this one looks good though I'd recommend 300 dpi rather than 150.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

The people of Lancre wouldn't dream of living in anything other than a
monarchy.  They'd done so for thousands of years and knew that it worked.
But they'd also found that it didn't do to pay too much attention to what
the King wanted, because there was bound to be another king along in forty
years or so and he'd be certain to want something different and so they'd
have gone to all that trouble for nothing.  In the meantime, his job as
they saw it was to mostly stay in the palace, practice the waving, have
enough sense to face the right way on coins and let them get on with the
plowing, sowing, growing and harvesting.  It was, as they saw it, a social
contract.  They did what they always did, and he let them.
     Terry Pratchett, _Carpe Jugulum_