[Coco] [Rainbow on Disc] scanned vs. camera attempt 2

Michael Wayne Harwood michael at musicheadproductions.org
Sun Apr 30 10:46:13 EDT 2006

Hey all,

I received an email offlist scolding me for trying to curtail open
discussion - that's not my goal at all!  I just want to make sure that
whatever other opinions and discussion is going on I get a good
understanding of where the community is on this issue, whatever else they
also may think...  I am looking for very specific feedback on this
particular file, but I am not saying "do not say anything else".

That being said...

I spent some time yesterday Gimp'ing the camera images Greg provided me
and have come up with another .djvu file for you to peruse.  I focused on
operations that can be easily scripted and automatically applied to a
batch of images.  The Gimp operations used were an automatic ajustment of
the color levels, an increase of brightness by 20, and an increase in
contrast by 50.

I included OCR in this sample.  The orginal images are approximately
150dpi, and the OCR reflects that, although the OCR was not as terrible as
I had orginally feared it would be.

The .djvu file is saved in such a way that there is not foreground layer.
This is intentional and has made a huge increase in visual quality.

So please accept my apology for the slow link from my web server (768
upstream) and tell me the following about the link below:

1. This camera .djvu file is as good as the scanned .djvu file in picture
quality and I would be happy with either one.
2. This camera .djvu file is not as good as the scanned .djvu file in
picture quality, but for the sake of getting the project done sooner I
would find this acceptible.
3. This camera .djvu file is not as good as the scanned .djvu file in
picture quality, and I would rather wait for the scanned in version.

http://www.musicheadproductions.org/downloads/camera2.djvu

Regards,
Michael Harwood