[Coco] Video adapters

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Apr 28 18:00:45 EDT 2006

S Video essentually corrects an issue known as dot crawl or where
the luminance information bleeds into the chromanace info.
Therefore by the separation of luminance and chromanance signals,
Luminance information has a higher bandwidth. Chromanance still
remains the same bandwidth. That means color info encoded per
NTSC standards will still suffer that same issues as composite
color.

This means that NTSC does not have sufficient bandwidth for 80
column color video. SO S Video will also suffer the same fate. Also
Dark Blue on black has a horrible contrast ratio.

james