[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] dvd title fix

James the Animal Tamer emucompboy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 18:13:38 EDT 2006

> > You could actually do nicer titles on an MC-10 with
> > a little programming
> > skill. You could have a colored border and big
> > letters.
> >
> Okay, I have staved off my curiosity for as long as I
> can.
>
> Can someone (perhaps the original poster) tell me why
> anyone would want to use an MC-10 to create DVD title
> pages, given the state of technology today?

I was wondering that too.  An Atari 800XL or even a VIC-20 would be a
much better choice -- composite output, instead of having to go
through an RF modulator first.  There were a couple of genlockers and
add-ons available for the Amiga computer too, don't remember their
names right now, I think one was DCTV.

'course, my cousin uses Roxio Media Creator.  I don't know what
version.  I think it's $50 and up -- but she does really great things
with it.  She digitized all the old family photos, added music, fades
& wipes & titles, and text commentary.  It's wonderful.  Am I
starting to sound like an advertisement yet?  If not, did I mention
that in my work, I make hybrid CDs (Mac/Windows) using a different
Roxio product?

Yahoo! Groups Links