[Coco] Re: Coco3 ID

Chris Hawks chawks at dls.net
Mon Apr 24 09:14:26 EDT 2006

---Reply to mail from Rogelio Perea about [Coco] Re: Coco3 ID

> On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:45:10 -0500 (CDT) Chris Hawks wrote:
>
>> I have a Coco3 I bought at an auction many yesrs ago. It looks just like
>> my other Coco3s (RS # 26-3334) except for the sticker on the bottom.
>> Mostly oblitterated, it says:

>>    NIS   U(?)                   PA      de C
>>         ARA
>>
>>    VOLTAJE: 127v 10%  RICUENCI
>>         AMPERAJE 0.25 A
>>
>>    MAR. REG.       NOM

> Looks like a CoCo destined to be sold in Mexico. Have you powered up
> the CoCo and read the startup banner?
>
> Both the voltage and current wording is in spanish.
>
> MAR. REG. seems to point our Marca Registrada (Registered Trademark).
>
> NOM seems to denote Norma Oficial Mexicana (Oficial Mexican Norm)
> which is a registry used pretty much like UL's (Underwriter's
> Laboratories) when any electronics equipment is imported for sale in
> Mexico.
>
> It'd be interesting to see what the power up banner says.

    It powers up with the standard 'EXTENDED COLOR BASIC' banner.

Thanks guys!

    I upgraded it long ago to 512k and it will be at the 'fest' (not for
sale) along with the new products (RGB to S-Video, and CDF for Nitros9).

---End reply

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
Any research done on how to efficiently use computers has been long lost
in the mad rush to upgrade systems to do things that aren't needed by
people who don't understand what they are really supposed to do with them.
    -- Graham Reed, in a.s.r.