[Coco] Re: Coco3 ID

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 22:02:19 EDT 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:45:10 -0500 (CDT) Chris Hawks wrote:

> I have a Coco3 I bought at an auction many yesrs ago. It looks just like
> my other Coco3s (RS # 26-3334) except for the sticker on the bottom.
> Mostly oblitterated, it says:

>    NIS   U(?)                   PA      de C
>         ARA
>
>    VOLTAJE: 127v 10%  RICUENCI
>         AMPERAJE 0.25 A
>
>    MAR. REG.       NOM

Looks like a CoCo destined to be sold in Mexico. Have you powered up
the CoCo and read the startup banner?

Both the voltage and current wording is in spanish.

MAR. REG. seems to point our Marca Registrada (Registered Trademark).

NOM seems to denote Norma Oficial Mexicana (Oficial Mexican Norm)
which is a registry used pretty much like UL's (Underwriter's
Laboratories) when any electronics equipment is imported for sale in
Mexico.

It'd be interesting to see what the power up banner says.

--

-=[ Rogelio ]=-