[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Digest Number 861

Charles Richmond richmond at plano.net
Mon Apr 24 02:50:52 EDT 2006

I agree with this. It is *not* getting the job done that we
are interested in. We are interested in the mechanics of *how*
the job is done. Part of the beauty of old software and hardware
is just messing around with it.

On Apr 23, 2006, at 10:38 PM, Rudolf Gutlich wrote:

> The biggest problem will be the speed, George.
>
> When you type RUN and press ENTER, the program will be
> ENDED in a blink ;)
>
> So, all the fun of loading tapes, executing things...
> will be gone! And using a PC keyboard instead the
> original one... hmmmm doesn't seems to be nice at all.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rudolf Gutlich
> Brazil.
>
> --- ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com escreveu:
>
>> There is 1 message in this issue.
>>
>> Topics in this digest:
>>
>>       1. [coco] What would it take to really emulate
>> a coco on a modern PC?
>>            From: "George Ramsower"
>> <yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com>

> __

> __
>>
>> Message: 1
>>    Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:36:31 -0500
>>    From: "George Ramsower"
>> <yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com>
>> Subject: [coco] What would it take to really emulate
>> a coco on a modern PC?
>>
>> I'm "iggernunt" on the technical part of this, but I
>> was wondering....
>>

>>  What would it take to really emulate a coco on a
>> modern PC? This would
>> include a plug in board to emulate all the I/O stuff
>> a coco has, including
>> the expansion port.
>>  I think this would be an expensive project. I'm
>> sure this would not be
>> easy. However, this would be really fun to have a
>> real coco on a PC.  It
>> would be faster than a bullet,, more powerful than a
>> locomotive,  able to
>> leap tall buildings in a single bound.....
>>   I hope you get the idea.
>>
>>  I would be willing to make a special boot to afford
>> this, provided I could
>> swap files between the emulator and this *&^^^ XP
>> box..
>>
>>  I love my cocos. However, they are slow. Imagine an
>> I/O board that would do
>> this, using an emulator program on a modern   PC.
>>
>>  I'm sure I'm dreaming.... No.. not sure, certain.
>>
>> George

|   Charles and Francis Richmond     richmond at plano dot net   |

|   Charles and Francis Richmond     richmond at plano dot net   |