[Coco] Preparing for a job which requires knowledge of C

John Donaldson johnadonaldson at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 15 20:20:37 EDT 2006

Tony,
   Don't feel too bad. I was once asked to name 5 different ways to sort
a list of numbers. Then I was asked to write the code for one on a white
board. Then another time I was asked what C is normally used for today.
The answer was "Embeded Systems". Here is  a real kikker. We are looking
at buying some DICOM software. DICOM is medical imaging database
software. This package is written in C and VB. I asked which version of
VB 5 or 5. The answer was Ver 5., which is almost 10 year old. The funny
part is Microsoft is dropping all support for VB 6.0 next year. Not sure
if we are going to buy this package. LOL

John Donaldson