[Coco] Another NitrOS-9 Platform?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Apr 13 09:41:40 EDT 2006

Boisy

Converting 6800 software to 6809 is not a major task. SInce most of
the 6800 assembly source is upward compatible, the work is rather
easy. The hardest part is to write macros for the instructions that the
6800 has that the 6809 does  not.

The 6502 is a similar beast to the 6800 but not as close as th e6809
to 6800. The 6502 does have similar pnuemonics but the internal
programming model is significantly different. The 6502 has only an
8 bit index register and one less 8 bit accummalator.

Don't get me wrong, it is feasable to rewrite the 6502 code to 6809
code, but I really don't think it is a one night job. It is different from
getting a VDU to print "Hello World" than to get a full working basic
interpreter.

just my thoughts

james