[Coco] Re: Roy's adapter.

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Tue Apr 11 21:31:20 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/11/06 7:21:54 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
webmaster at coco3.com writes:
>We've been needing video  converters like these for a long time and I'm glad
>somebody has come up  with a solution at a good cost.  It would be good if
>we had some  kind of mini inline adaptor that can work off of the CoCo's RGB
>video  cable-supplied voltatage (is there?) so the device can be tucked
>away,  but anything that works is a good thing.

I tried to come  up with a  way to do that but couldn't.  It's
just not possible unless you open the  coco enclosure and
do some rewiring.

>What I would like to see is a  gray CoCo 1 with a grayish flat panel monitor
>sitting on top of the case  and being used for practical purposes around the
>house or  shop

You can get a composite to SVGA converter at www.matco.com  that
will do that.   It will cost you about $75.   The  XRGB2+ will do it better
but is no longer available.   THey are  coming up with another version,
the XRGB3 but it will be well over  $200.

Roy