[Coco] Re: Roy's adapter.

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Tue Apr 11 19:21:23 EDT 2006

We've been needing video converters like these for a long time and I'm glad
somebody has come up with a solution at a good cost.  It would be good if
we had some kind of mini inline adaptor that can work off of the CoCo's RGB
video cable-supplied voltatage (is there?) so the device can be tucked
away, but anything that works is a good thing.

What I would like to see is a gray CoCo 1 with a grayish flat panel monitor
sitting on top of the case and being used for practical purposes around the
house or shop.  This retro look is actually awesome to see.  I'm sure your
friends and family will ask, "what the heck is that?", but that's the
idea.  I've set mine up before just to see how it will look and it's real
nice.  With a 64K CoCo 1, Extended BASIC and maybe one of those IDE cards
for memory from Cloud-9, you could maybe boot into OS-9 or store all of
your useful programs on a Flash card?