[Coco] booted again!

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Tue Apr 11 20:59:20 EDT 2006

jimcox at miba51.com writes:

>I  believe the power up sequence should  be:

>MPI->Drives->Monitor->CoCo

>Power down  should be in the reverse order.  Sorry I
>haven't had time to dig  out the manuals.

My power strip turns on the Coco, MPI. and floppies all at  once.   Then I
turn on the hard drives, though really they should  probably be turned on first
to get up to speed.
First thing I turn on is the monitor, and last thing turned off.  Just  to
keep power surges out of the rest of the gear.

There's a lot of folklore about the power-up order of MPI and Coco, but I
always (well, almost always ;-) have had good luck with powering up both at
once.  SOmetimes the Coco fails to find Disk Basic, so can't boot OS-9, but  that
usually means the disk controller pack needs to be jiggled around in the
slot (best down with power OFF).  ==Mike K.