[Coco] booted again!

Bruce W. Calkins brucecalkins at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 6 07:25:57 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Emery" <theother_bob at yahoo.com>

> > ...and the boot floppy is a
> > 1.44 made 720 with the hole taped over, and I cobbled it at least 10
> > years ago.
>
> That's very interesting indeed. Most folks here think such a disk will
only
> hold data for a few days. I've had good results myself, nice to know it's
not
> just me.
>
> "What was old is new again." Enjoy!
>
> Cheers,
> Bob

Yes, my experience has been that 1.44s are very unreliable.as 720s.

Regardless, Congratulations,  No journey is complete without considerations
of it's beginnings.  I finally got a CoCo 3 setup running again last month.
Next major project?  PC-Casing the 1 Meg CoCo 3 along with it's MPI and hard
drives, along with similar treatment for a CoCo 1 with MPI.  Both units will
share a Commodore RGB/Composite monitor.

Bruce W.