[Coco] OT -- MORE re PC needs TWO Shut Downs

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 17:49:09 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/5/06 2:51:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time, flexser at fiu.edu
writes:

>You  might want to check Control Panel/Power Options/Advanced and make sure
>that
>Shut Down is selected as what to do when the power button is  pressed.

OK, will check that.  Though I hardly ever touch the power button  except to
start the PC up (after turning on the UPS).  Normally it does a  Reset if you
touch it.  After a shutdown that failed to kill the power, you  have to hold
it in for several seconds to get a power-down, so I just kill the  UPS instead.
THanks, Mike K.