[Coco] [Color Computer] Opinion time

PaulH96636 at aol.com PaulH96636 at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 07:44:01 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/1/2006 6:38:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gene.heskett at verizon.net writes:

>Having dealt with NEC over another item, I can assure you that  they'll
>want an iron clad contract for a production run of at least  50,000
>units.  We, and the amiga folks that remain, might be able  to generate
>sales figures in the 500 range if we all needed monitors  at the same
>time.  Nice dream, but it will never  happen.

You're probably right, but while in 'dream on' mode I was speculating how
difficult it would
be on the technical side to add the feature (he said, not having a  clue....
heh heh)).
Maybe not so much...(?)  I recall working on Panasonic answering  machines
back some
15-20 years.  There were myriad models and styles, and some very  similar
looking models
had major changes to the internal mechanical and circuit board  designs.
That left me
wondering if it would actually make much difference to just 'do it' without
expecting that much
of a 'guaranteed return'.
With Roy's project, however, the issue has mostly faded away  anyhow.
-ph