[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Opinion time

Chris Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sat Apr 1 10:42:56 EST 2006

---Reply to mail from Gene Heskett about [Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Opinion time

> On Friday 31 March 2006 22:35, mccomber wrote:
>>What is the best Radio Shack brand monitor for a CoCo3, considering
>>both games and word processing in 80 column mode?
>>
> AFAIK, the shack hasn't sold a monitor suitable for use on a coco3 in 80
> column ever, way too fuzzy.  For a while maggy made some that were
> decent, both under their own name and under the Commodore label as the
> 108x series, and their own 8CM515 and 8CM135..  And some of the NEC
> multisyncs were also usable.
>
> But no one has made an rgb input, ntsc std scan rates monitor in at
> least a decade now, not even the $7000 a copy broadcast stuff.  About
> the best is to get a scan convertor to upconvert it to vga monitor
> compatability, there are at least 2 being made by members of this list
> and I'm personally using one Roy Justis made.

    Or you can use the new HAWKSoft 'RGB to S-Video adapter' (debut-ing at
the 15th annual 'Last' CocoFest, Apr 29 & 30) and use any TV or monitor
with an S-Video input. Looks great on my 15" LCD TV and fantastic on a 42"
Plasma!!

---End reply

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple.  After that, it's all learned.
    -- Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, on X interfaces