[Coco] OT -- PC needs TWO Shut Downs

Rod Barnhart rod.barnhart at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 05:48:10 EST 2006

Windows 98 (even SE) had several bugs which caused problems with
shutdown, but this is the first time I've heard of this particular
problem. You might want to search http://support.microsoft.com to see
if any of their shutdown troubleshooting documentation is still
online.

As an aside, I once had a customer with a Gateway computer that, after
following every single troubleshooting guide and installing every
patch that Microsoft had for the Win98 shutdown issues, *still*
wouldn't shut down correctly. It just started happening one day, and
even after a reset of the BIOS settings and a fresh install of Windows
continued to have problems. I literally spent years trying to fix the
problem, only to finally solve it with a sledge hammer after they
finally couldn't live with it anymore and replaced the machine.

Rod

Rod Barnhart aka Wintermute (http://www.nitemarecafe.com)