[Color Computer] [Coco] 1CM135 pinout

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 16:11:39 EDT 2006

>On 22 Apr 2006 at 14:07, Mike Pepe wrote:
>
>> Also on a somewhat related subject, anyone know of a 15" or so LCD that
>> does S-video, RGB, and composite? Can you use the "component" input as
>> RGB? (Gene might know that answer)
>
>Mike
>
>There are some small LCD TVs that take composite video and maybe s-video
>inputs. These range in the 5 to 13 inch range. Component video is not
>the same as
>RGB.
>
>Some of the more high end LCD TVs that are HD ready may or maynot have
>composite video inputs.
>
>james

I have a 15" LCD Monitor/TV that also has SVideo and Composite inputs.
Part of the reason I bought it was for use with my old computers.
It's labled as a Magnavox but I've seen the same monitor with many
different names.

I picked it up at Target for around $235 and I've seen them cheaper.
Just be carefull which model you buy.  Some only have a resolution of
640x480 and make lousy monitors.
This one does 1024x768.  I've driven it with higher res and the image
seems ok but it pops up a message that says it's unsupported.
Funny... looked ok to me.  ?????

Some monitors also have a really bad contrast ratio.  I think this one
is 500:1.  It's ok... not as good as more expensive models.

There's just one little (big) problem with it.  It has issues syncing
to composite devices.  I got it to sync to my Coco3 by pressing reset
several times.  It doesn't work with several of my other computers and
it has no adjustment to fix this.  Make sure you test all your
computers on it if you buy one.

Yahoo! Groups Links