[Coco] New Scam

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Sep 29 20:59:51 EDT 2005

On Thursday 29 September 2005 20:26, Ward Griffiths wrote:
>On 09/29/2005 01:54 pm, johnadonaldson at comcast.net wrote:
>>   Well, I just got my first scam email of this type. I heard about
>> this off another list, but first one I have run into.
>>
>>  Newest SCAM - You get email saying you have missed appearing for
Jury
>> Duty. You can prevent gettting a fine or arrested by going to this
web
>> site and filling out the form to explain why you failed to appear.
>>
>> Now I am not officailly a resident of either Dallas or Texas, so I
>> knew this was a fake right off the bat. I will be a resident soon
as I
>> now have a new job here in Dallas. Just have not found town/area we
>> will live in yet. Still have a WV licence plate and drivers
license.

>If I get anything like that, it'd be an obvious scam -- to the best
of
> my knowledge, nobody in my state, county or local government has
ever
> been given my email address except for the Vet Rep at the
Unemployment
> office.  Not that it matters, since even if I'm called for jury
duty,
> I'll never sit on a panel due to having read the Constitution and
Bill
> of Rights -- the Voir Dire (French for jury stacking) process will

Thats not a defense I've heard before. Please elaborate if you can.

Now, get this as I don't know how common it is, but as a senior
citizen, I'm automaticly excused here in WV.  Personally, I'd think
that they might want to have the life experiences of an Old F^h^h^
h^h^hS.C. on a jury, and by the way, we don't have to take time off
from a $200 dollar a day job, to serve on a jury panel at $5 and found
a day.  So to me, it would make perfect sense to avail themselves of a
captive jury that isn't trying to solve yesterdays problems he got
called about last night while sitting a jury box.  We might need a
latrine break more often, but heck, that goes with the territory.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)