[Coco] New Scam

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 20:26:34 EDT 2005

On 09/29/2005 01:54 pm, johnadonaldson at comcast.net wrote:
>   Well, I just got my first scam email of this type. I heard about this off
> another list, but first one I have run into.
>
>  Newest SCAM - You get email saying you have missed appearing for Jury
> Duty. You can prevent gettting a fine or arrested by going to this web site
> and filling out the form to explain why you failed to appear.
>
> Now I am not officailly a resident of either Dallas or Texas, so I knew
> this was a fake right off the bat. I will be a resident soon as I now have
> a new job here in Dallas. Just have not found town/area we will live in
> yet. Still have a WV licence plate and drivers license.

If I get anything like that, it'd be an obvious scam -- to the best of my
knowledge, nobody in my state, county or local government has ever been given
my email address except for the Vet Rep at the Unemployment office.  Not that
it matters, since even if I'm called for jury duty, I'll never sit on a panel
due to having read the Constitution and Bill of Rights -- the Voir Dire
(French for jury stacking) process will reject me every time as it has
before.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

But today doctors are as dependent on Medicare and Medicaid as their
patients are.  The great narcotic of the welfare state has caused
consumers and doctors alike to lose faith not only in the free market
but also in the concept of voluntary charity.  Everyone has lost faith
in himself and in others.  -- Jacob Hornberger