[Coco] [Color Computer] Multi-vue Vs. Deskmate 3

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Mon Sep 26 02:54:30 EDT 2005

>From: "Glen VanDenBiggelaar" <glenvdb at hotmail.com>
>Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 16:30:59 -0000

>I noticed a lot of you use and Like m-vue, but I have not seen anyone
>lately mention Deskmate. I have Deskmate "1" still sealed and Deskmate
>3, was there a Deskmate 2? or 4?. Other than "no windows" and more
>programs and more colorful, it seems a real contender to MVUE.

As others have already said, MultiVue was a GUI, Deskmate was an
application suite.

Now, Deskmate 3 for the Tandy 1000 was evolving into a GUI, one that
you could add programs to, program yourself, etc.  But CoCo Deskmate 3
seems to be a completely different beastie.

It might be *possible* to add more programs to CoCo Deskmate, but its
internal workings were never documented.

>Now if I could just set the date properly on ONE of these programs, I
>would use it all the time. Does anyone have a "Date patch for OS-09 l2?

Contact the Glenside CoCo Club for their 3 disk Y2K patch set.  $15
fixes every "19105" or "1905" printout, as well as Y2K setime and
date, as well as the Y2K patch for Deskmate 3.  It also has updated
RTC drivers.

Alternatively, *most* of that is on RTSI somewhere.   I got the patch
set mainly for the Deskmate 3 patch and the smartwatch drivers.

>for try as I might, I just don't have enough skills yet to get ether to
>run on NitrOS-9 yet.

The big thing is that Multivue wants windint (the w8-w15 window
descriptors are helpful, too :), DM3 wants VDGint (and term_vdg).

Actually, somewhere on RTSI there's a patch set to run DM3 under
Multivue...  In that case you need *both* windint and vdgint.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko