[Coco] Glenside Club meetings

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 24 11:34:30 EDT 2005

There seems to be a wealth of information out there for video on demand.
However video on demand is NOT what you want. That is like going to the
  movies. All the actions was filmed last week.

Streaming video seems to be defind as sending images from a stored site.
Not pass thru as per a live - real time - right now foot ball game.

I did a search on google for 'live web cast hosting', got 2 million
hits. Excluded the words 'sex' and 'adult' and it dropped to 176.

Shoutcast and Icecast  tell me they don't host video.  'vlog' says all
their stuff is stored.

While you   normally think of webcams such as the Logitech series, I
have found lots of USB video cameras have a web cam feature as well as
some of the analog camcorders.

If anyone wants to graze over the ground I have already covered here is
a list of some of the sites I managed to bookmark.

http://fast-serv.com/web/
http://www.putfile.com/
http://www.freewebsites.com/
http://mediahopper.com/portal.htm
http://videolan.org/
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0180512
http://www.starkelectronic.com/cvc-860.htm
http://www.swann.com.au/show_item.php?item=133
http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/vga2tv/linux_tv.html
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/bttv/bttv-gallery.html
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/BTTV.html

If someone has the capibilities to set up a hosting service, it would
solve a lot of the problems.

Dave