AR, matey Re: [Coco] Updating Gshell and Multivue

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Sep 21 02:58:40 EDT 2005

>From: jdaggett at gate.net
>Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:33:06 -0400

>There are some of the coco *.ar files that can be decompressed
>with the MSDOS version. I caution that not all. Those that can't will
>need to use a Coco or an emulator and dearc them there.

I have  three different versions of AR.  1.2, 1.3, and 2.0.  I know
ONE was supposed to be an experimental, "do not use" version that got
used anyway, but I don't remember which one. :-(  I also have a
BASIC-09 utility that converts (I think) 1.3 files to 1.2.

>I seem to remember that the files arced with AR in OS9 willnot
>dearc with the MSDOS version. Or something like that. It also could
>be version differences that are incompatible.

The MSDOS version may be for the older version files?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko