[Coco] Linux version of toolshed now available

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sun Sep 18 20:57:09 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-18 at 20:42 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Humm, maybe I have to reboot so it can find the drive, it was hooked
> up after the last reboot.  Here is the message I'm getting from
> setfdprm:
>
> [root at coyote fdutils-5.5]# /usr/local/bin/setfdprm /dev/fd1 -y -p
> COCO720
> /dev/fd1: No such device or address
>
> It does exist:
> [root at coyote fdutils-5.5]# ls -l /dev/fd1
> brw-rw----  1 root floppy 2, 1 Feb 23  2004 /dev/fd1

That doesn't mean Linux sees a drive there. It means there's a file
named fd1 in your /dev directory, and AFAIK that is all that it means.

For example, I have such a file as well, but I only have one floppy.

What do you get for this:

dmesg | grep -iH floppy

My one-floppied computer returns

'(standard input):Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M'

-- John.