[Coco] dsave problem, or is it dircopy??

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Sep 17 22:49:23 EDT 2005

On Saturday 17 September 2005 22:06, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Roy, anybody else with late nitros experience;
>
>I've found the WP_RS stuff ok, but somethings not right in that I'm
>having one hell of a time trying to copy it to a floppy.
>
>Ever since the seagate drive was installed, dircopy has refused to
>acknowledge any options, so while I can get the stuff to a floppy,
>the file dates etc are not preserved.  Because there are many copies
>of some of it, the file dates I consider important because its the
>only way I can, after 9 years, see which file of the many is the
>newest.
>
>dsave I didn't like way back then, so it was never installed in the
>cmds dir on my old drive.  I presume its in /dd/cmds, but the syntax to
>run it has
>been changed and for the life of me, I cannot remember the new syntax
>it requires.  I've been playing 20 monkeys at the typewriter for the
>last half an hour now.
>
>Can someone toss me a bone here?  Tell me how to run the new dsave &
>maybe I can get this to work.  Or better yet, tell me why dircopy
>isn't working with its usual trsu option syntax.

Ok, got dsave to work by redirecting it to a script file and then
executing the script file.  Obviously that was an old version of
dsave...

Roy, can you handle tar.gz files?  This 80 track DS disk is nowhere
near full, no use making a .dsk out of it with dd IMO.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)