[Coco] Re: OS-9 word processors

Frederick D Provoncha elderpav at juno.com
Fri Sep 16 00:54:36 EDT 2005

> My favourite OS-9 Word Processor was Window Writer from Owlware...
> if you
> used it on a RAM drive, it actually had some forrmatting, etc. with
> colors
> on the screen. I had at one time started to decompile it (written in
>
> BASIC09) to allow it to run from a graphics window so you could
> REALLY see
> bold, underline, etc., but then I discovered that I had quite an old
>
> version (1.1, I think), and a version 2 with improvements and a lot
> of
> bug-fixes had been out for awhile, so I dropped it (hoping at the
> time to
> find the 2.0 version to decompile instead).
>     Never did find a copy, unfortunately.

Now that is a Coco word processor that I've always wanted to get but have
never been able to obtain a copy. The ads in Rainbow for it made it seem
really cool. Anyone know where I can get one?

Currently my favorite one is of course Ved. I know it's quite popular
nowadays among us all. Easy to use, fully featured, small, and fast. I
use it for everything: editing text files, even aif files.

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT