[Coco] Re: OS-9 word processors

Ray Watts rayanddoraleew at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 14 13:26:06 EDT 2005

Fred,   I would like to know the exact syntax you used for the T/S Spell
macro.  Many years ago I put together a menu operated word processor
with the VED, VPrint, T/S Spell combo patterned after a Delphi upload by
James Pottage called VWord, but with many improvements.  Pottage had
used Spell in his setup and the command line was much shorter than for
T/S Spell.  When I tried to use the longer command line in the macro, it
wouldn't accept it (too long).  I tried various methods of nesting
shorter macros, but none worked.  As a result, I always had to use T/S
Spell from the command line in the menu.

BTW, I made up sets of Superscript and Subscript fonts (half the lower
case letters are missing ... too hard to do in 3X5) and had a set of
Italics.  By formatting the text into a graphics window, I had a true
WYSIWYG formatted preview of the document.  WMenu from Alpha's Tools II
was used as the heart of the word processor.

Cheers,   Griz