[Coco] CoCo vs EMP WAS--> Re: Coco Digest, Vol 24, Issue 48

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Sep 13 15:56:35 EDT 2005

Rogelio

There are chambers set up to test semiconductors for EMP.

IN fact a lot of CMOS devices will qualify. If I recall CMOS is more
immune than NMOS or PMOS to such events.  Still the military in
many key equiptment use what is called radiation harden
semiconductors. One other method would be to enclose your Coco
in a magnetic shielded box that would supply around 100 dB  of
isolation.

james.