[Coco] Pokes for DECB to allow Single density 35 Track Disks tobe Formated and Backed up?

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sat Sep 10 19:53:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

NEWDISK is just the formatter for FLEX Disks.

BACKUP, if it has one ready made could copy disks.

Of course it has a file copy routine.

Looking at the instructions for building your first FLEX boot disk, I
realized that instead of writing routines to address the floppy disk
controller, instead calls could be made instead to the OS-9 file I/O
routines and windowing system.

That would allow FLEX programs to be run with the files on ordinary OS-9
disks or even HD's.

The whole set of screen sizes would be available. Flex is text only.

That's all I need. The Formatting and Backup was just to archive my FLEX
disks on CD.

We may have the hooks in the disk driver to allow formatting and read and
write of FLEX disks.

FHL O-PAK for OS-9 Level-I is what I am using now to copy the files on FLEX
disks to OS-9 disks.

XDIR, XCOPY, XDUMP and XLIST to and from FLEX to OS-9 and to and from DECB
disks to OS-9.

Note: OS-9 Level-I!

Stephen H. Fischer