[Coco] Creating a Nitros9 custom boot disk (Was :Why DECB is important to OS-9 folk.)

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Sep 10 14:25:40 EDT 2005

On 09/10/2005 11:17 am, Robert Gault wrote:
> Just a suggestion. Don't forget that you can use MESS to create a new
> boot disk. Once created, just convert the .dsk/.os9 image to a real
> floppy. This approach does not require two floppies.

It ain't rocket science, folks, trust me, I was a math/physics major once upon
a time.  It's a bit harder than the simple first order derivatives of rocket
science but a lot easier than getting an angel food cake or a souffle to come
out of the oven right, and your mother managed that with less screaming than
the several days she spent in labor (if you take her word for it) during your
final compile phase.  (If she screamed during the edit phase, she probably
didn't mention it to you).

Yeah, I can be a bit crude.  Blame it on beer and the fact that I have no idea
where my aunt and cousins who lived in Bay Saint Louis MS are, and those were
my only cousins with IQs above english cellar temperature (in C, not F).  New
Orleans gets the press since it only existed because of bad government
decisions (as though any government ever made a good decision), but the area
where the core of Katrina went is ignored.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

But today doctors are as dependent on Medicare and Medicaid as their
patients are.  The great narcotic of the welfare state has caused
consumers and doctors alike to lose faith not only in the free market
but also in the concept of voluntary charity.  Everyone has lost faith
in himself and in others.  -- Jacob Hornberger