[Coco] [Color Computer] OS-9 word processors

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Sep 8 14:52:31 EDT 2005

On 09/08/2005 02:07 am, Willard Goosey wrote:

> My only experience with Scripsit was the Color Scripsit II ROM pak.
> Dynastar is much better -- though it is a wordstar work-alike, if that
> means anything to you.

Most 8-bit products called Scripsit pretty much sucked rocks (my favorite Z-80
word processor was Prosoft's "Allwrite" and I recently got a copy through
ePay).  The best was Scripsit-16 for Xenix-68k (later ported to T2k MS-DOS
and better keyboards, then the 1k and PC).  Source code for Unix Scripsit was
bought (ports were briefly available for NCR, Unisys and AT&T (not 3B1)
systems in the 88-91 period).  The guy who bought it is a bit of a dog in the
manger when I ask permission (and a copy of the source) to port it to
something modern.  Hell, he may have thrown away the source code since he
never made a profit with it.

While what I most want to do is port Scripsit-16 to Linux, I think it will fit
just fine in a Coco3.  It ran fine on a 256k Mod 16.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Let's get real. According to the CBO's report, in the current fiscal
year the U.S. government is gorging on some $2,142 billion of revenues,
consisting- of taxes, fees, charges, fines, and other species of
extractions from the people's purses. This sum works out to
approximately $7,500 for every man, woman, and child resident in this
country, or $30,000 for a family of four average persons. Perhaps some
of those people feel they are getting benefits worth at least this much.
I myself don't have that feeling.   --  Robert Higgs