[Coco] Config in Nitros9?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 8 07:48:50 EDT 2005

My owner's manual (LevelII) indicates that Config works with the
Basic09/Config diskette. That is not part of the NitrOS-9 distribution.
You can look at the source code for Config at the nitros9.org web site
and will see that the code is only partially disassembled some parts
being left as data rather than code. This indicates that more work may
need to be done with the NitrOS-9 version.

I've not used this program, as all that it does can be achieved via
other methods. It appears to merely aid in building a bootfile script
for use with os9gen.

It looks like Config should be in the CMDS directory of a disk
(?bootable?) that contains a MODULES directory. Both directories should
be in the root directory. Since the NitrOS-9 distribution does not
conform to this directory structure, you will need to create your own
Boot/Config disk. Try it and let us know what happens.