[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Is this likely to work ?

Boisy G. Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Sep 6 22:27:35 EDT 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 7:12 PM, Neil Morrison wrote:

> The question is why and what can be done with this memory? A more
> interesting project would be a combined RAM/ROM card to plug into the
> Multipak under OS-9 which would have, say, 1 Mb of ROM and 1 Mb of
> RAM. With
> a driver OS-9 could use this to run even the C-Compiler in a fast
> fashion.

One thing that comes to mind from Phill's idea is a large RAM Disk.
There was a similar product back in the 80s for the CoCo 2, I believe
it was called the J&R Banker or something similar?

Of course, a cartridge based battery-backup RAM disk would also be
nice.  CRC's Tony Distefano had a 256K and 512K model, and I myself
have the 512K one.  With today's RAM, you could easily support
megabytes of RAM space.

The possibilities are fun and endless...

Boisy