[Coco] Why DECB is important to OS-9 folk.

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Sep 5 02:51:50 EDT 2005

You probably are right about the ratio of Disk Basic vs OS-9 users in
general. Hard to tell if the remaining active users are distributed that
way because the number is very small compared to that before Tandy
dropped the Coco.

Based on what I've seen of messages the last few years, there is very
little interest in any kind of programming vs hardware tinkering. The
main interest of the remaining programmers seems to be either writing
emulators or in projects such as NitrOS-9. This is not what I'd consider
writing programs for the Coco.

The amount of e-mail that proudly shows off a new program in Disk Basic
, OS-9, or machine language or asks for help creating a routine in any
Coco language is almost non-existent.

There does not seem to be much point in worrying about how to run Disk
Basic programs under OS-9 or attempts to make OS-9 work like Disk Basic
until there is proof that anyone actually is writing programs of any kind.