[Coco] Re: OS-9 as Replacement for DECB.

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sat Sep 3 01:33:31 EDT 2005

On 09/02/2005 02:35 am, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 21:00 -0500, Chris Hawks wrote:
> >   Coco-3 LAPTOP!!!
>
> I think a coco-3 laptop would be really awesome. Personally I spend most
> of my retrocomputing time on TRS-80 Model 100 laptops. instant on, 20
> hours battery life on 4 AA's, great keyboard. Laptops are fun way to
> retrocompute since you can easily put them away when you have to. Self
> contained...

Hmm. A Mod 100 used to only get about 6-8 hours out of a set of AAs.  Has
chemical battery technology improved that far?

Working in the downtown L.A. RSCC during the 1984 Olympic Games was an
educational experience.  Nobody could keep AA batteries in stock in the area
since every print reporter from anywhere was feeding a Mod 100 and they ate
AA four packs like popcorn.  So all the reporters came to our store (11-7237)
assuming that we had a cure.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Let's get real. According to the CBO's report, in the current fiscal
year the U.S. government is gorging on some $2,142 billion of revenues,
consisting of taxes, fees, charges, fines, and other species of
extractions from the people's purses. This sum works out to
approximately $7,500 for every man, woman, and child resident in this
country, or $30,000 for a family of four average persons. Perhaps some
of those people feel they are getting benefits worth at least this much.
I myself don't have that feeling.   --  Robert Higgs